Assistance and Information for Visitors with Mobility, Visual, or Hearing Impairments
Providing Information and Services for visitors to Juneau and Alaska’s Inside Passage who experience:
Mobility restrictions such as needing occasional or full time use of a wheelchair or walker
Visual impairments, including travel with a service dog
- Hearing impairments, including desire for interpretive services.
A group of dedicated staff and volunteers associated with Southeast Alaska Independent Living is ready to assist you with the information and services you need to make the most of your Alaska vacation.SAIL will also assist visitors in arranging transportation to and from tours or facilities they wish to visit.
Use this web site for helpful information and links, and then contact us with specific questions or services needed for you or your family or group. With staff and volunteers based in Juneau we will do our best to make the most of your trip to Alaska’s Inside Passage.
Examples of Services offered in Juneau (with limited services available in Skagway, Haines, Sitka, and Ketchikan):
- Information on Tours and Transportation for visitors needing assistance
- Volunteer shopping or hiking companions for visitors with a disability
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Specialty Wheelchair and bike rentals for trail or beach
- Customized activity planning.